Monday, August 23, 2010

a month of melbourne

Well, ive been in Melbourne for 4 1/2 weeks now. I dont think this blog will be as exciting as the last but i will try to keep you all on the edge of your seats lol. The Werribee Open Range Zoo was amazing!! If you look on my facebook albums you can see the photos. There was even some camels! I am still staying with Colleen and Brian who have been amazing at putting up with me so far. a couple of weeks ago we went to The Werribee Mansion on a tour/play experience thing. It was really cool, there are 2 actors that show you around but involve you in the play as if you are guests in the house. They say that the place is haunted since the owners died and Im not gonna lie, I was very scared at some points in the dark and kept grabbing on to ryan, or brian, or colleen haha. We also visited the Melbourne Musuem which was good but full of stuffed animals, little creepy. and saw a video of a baby being born...... think adoption might be the way forward when i want kids haha.
I have found myself a job!! woohoo!! just waitressing in a motel restaurant but its pretty god money, much better than back home. But I'm only casual staff so just work as and when they need me. but i need have 2 shifts last week and got 2 for definate this week, maybe more. The manager seems to really like me so that helps.
me and the bushells are planning to go to the MCG on sunday to watch an AFL  (australian football league) which is Gaelic football apparently but dont hold me to it. Its a mix of rugby and american football i think. but i dunno. I'm home after ive gone back round to sydney i could come back and go there again to watch a cricket match. Its really good to meet some real australians although i seem to get a lot of abuse for my accent and how we say things. My argument is that is our language! so its them that are wrong haha. I am really looking forward to the footie though.
Also gonna be meeting some of the bushells extended family this weekend too which should be interesting. I am going to start looking into lots of touristy thing to do now i have a job so if anyone has some ideas let me know.

My back is much improved now and the insurance company have agreed to pay for all my treatment as well as the cost to change my flights. so this is all good but i have to fill out a claims form and they are not very helpful with getting back to me! I think I will be leaving Melbourne around the beginning of October and making my way up to Darwin, I cant wait to get back to travelling again but again I'm a bit nervous about the summer coming! Im going to die in the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment